27 Apr 2007

Killing Proculus - Yaaaarr

Nursing a hangover I wanted to get out and about. I had time to ponder the benefits of the increasing flow of loot flowing in from my piratical ways. After selling off some named loot; I looked at the monies in my accounts. However, sooner or later - some corp would move in and clean things up. I recalled reading some old legends from ancient ancestors about sea-borne pirates who over time, lost out to organised national navies eager to secure the oceans for trade and travel.

Would the navies of the Minmater republic or the Gallente Federation send their navies into low-sec and assert their authority? Would they do this by proxy and send allied Corporations to do it?

I wondered over to my communications terminal and accessed the encyrpted mail system. There were many messages but one caught my eye. A friend of mine had left me a message that Proculus, a CEO of the Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat Corp was spotted out and about in a cruiser. I checked the date and location and quickly got my ship and crew ready.

Within an hour, I was out in the blackness of space and powering towards Sotrenzur. I joined the communication channel that had Rai Deo in it. He had already engaged Proculus a number of times today - exchanging fire at various locations but with no result. It was hoped with my rifter in place with a webber; that Proculus could be locked in place long enough for him to be destroyed.

Rai: Flash - get your ship over to Sotrenzur stargate now!
Me: Roger - on my way.

Arriving at the gate, I yelled at the gate crew to hurry up and fire up the activation drives. There was a clanking sound as the massive gate drives fired up and locked my ship then pulled up into hyperspace. In a blink I was hurled to the otherside of the system and landed not more than 5km from a red flashing target. It was Proculus in his rupture and he was trading shots with the darting form of Rai in his stabber. I set battlestations on the ship and targeted Proculus.

My webber and disruptor both fired up and I circled the rupture who had already noticed my presence. I almost hit the gate as I swung out too far in order to avoid the rupture's guns. I had enough traversal that the cruisers bigger guns had trouble tracking me. Proculus also did not have a webber in place so i was relatively safe. My EMP shells helped take down the armour of the rupture and I was quite sure that we had him.

Then the gate activated again.

Proculus naturally had called his corp mates in and Nebo was there in his raptor. The raptor was locking me and fired his bloodclaw missiles at me. This was not good for me and I called out to Rai that I had nothing to throw at the raptor, now orbitting me at a heady 3200km per hour.

My shields and then armour started to disappear very quickly and with Proculus also switching some of his guns to me - my time was limited but hopefully enough to get Rai and I a cruiser kill. My ship was destroyed and I warped out cursing.

2007.04.27 22:40
Victim: flashfresh
Alliance: NONE
Corp: Independent Pilots
Destroyed: Rifter
System: Sotrenzur
Security: 0.3

Involved parties:
Name: Proculus (laid the final blow)
Security: -9.3
Alliance: NONE
Corp: FORTES FORTUNA ADIUVAT CORP.
Ship: Rupture
Weapon: 220mm Vulcan AutoCannon I

Name: Neb0
Security: 2.5
Alliance: NONE
Corp: FORTES FORTUNA ADIUVAT CORP.
Ship: Raptor
Weapon: Bloodclaw Light Missile

Destroyed items:
EMP S, Qty: 2221 (Cargo)
Gyrostabilizer I
1MN Afterburner I
Titanium Sabot S, Qty: 73 (Cargo)
200mm Reinforced Steel Plates I
EMP S, Qty: 43


Rai however duly informed me that he managed to kill off Proculus' rupture and we cheered.

2007.04.27 22:42
Victim: Proculus
Alliance: NONE
Corp: FORTES FORTUNA ADIUVAT CORP.
Destroyed: Rupture
System: Sotrenzur
Security: 0.3

Involved parties:
Name: Rai Deo (laid the final blow)
Security: -5.2
Alliance: Eastern Star Federation
Corp: Red Light Enterprises
Ship: Stabber
Weapon: Sabretooth Light Missile

Name: flashfresh
Security: -10.0
Alliance: NONE
Corp: Independent Pilots
Ship: Capsule
Weapon: Patterned Stasis Web I

Destroyed items:
220mm Vulcan AutoCannon I
220mm Vulcan AutoCannon I
10MN MicroWarpdrive I
'Langour' Drive Disruptor I
J5 Prototype Warp Inhibitor I
Power Diagnostic System I
Energized Reactive Membrane I
Hammerhead II (Drone Bay)
EMP M, Qty: 1980 (Cargo)
Hellfire Assault Missile, Qty: 35
EMP M, Qty: 42
EMP M, Qty: 44
EMP M, Qty: 44