8 May 2007

Chickens with Claws

Of course, not everything will go my way. I spotted an Arbitrator in local and thought to myself, I could tackle it for Lucius but how long would I last?

The pilot was -9.9 and was experienced enough not to fall for the usual tricks so I had to be persistent with him. This pilot was called 'Malaki Obcance' and his was a member of the Chickens with An Attitude Corp.

We played hide and seek for 10 minutes and numerous occasions we landed too far from each other. I was getting a bit edgy and so was Lucius in the next system. Could the cruiser pilot be calling in reinforcements?

Finally, I landed 20km away from him and powered towards him. He didn't run but spat out some T2 drones and locked me. The rifter was going to get shredded and it was going to hurt.

I quickly called Lucius in and then engaged - the arbitrator was scrambled thus ensuring he could not leave immediately but then he hit me with a couple (or three?) medium nosferatus. My cap disappeared in one cycle and I lose my warp scramble. My small armour repairer also shut down and there was a real danger that Malaki would escape. Lucius had arrived in system and was warping to me.

The t2 drones and his missiles tore off what armour I had and into structure. I had a bit of cap left and managed to squeeze off one more warp scramble before my ship was dismantled from underneath me.

Damn. I popped just as Lucius came into view. I crossed my fingers hoping that the hurricane could lock and pop the arbitrator in time.

Concord, as quick as ever zipped an evemail to me. Those guys know everything!

2007.05.04 22:47
Victim: flashfresh
Alliance: NONE
Corp: Independent Pilots
Destroyed: Rifter
System: Arzad
Security: 0.2

Involved parties:
Name: Malaki Obcance (laid the final blow)
Security: -9.9
Alliance: Chaos Incarnate.
Corp: Chickens with an Attitude
Ship: Arbitrator
Weapon: Piranha Light Missile

Destroyed items:
Gyrostabilizer I
Overdrive Injector System I
1MN Afterburner I
125mm Gatling AutoCannon II
Gremlin Rocket, Qty: 26
EMP S, Qty: 93

The destruction of the arbitrator came quick:

2007.05.04 22:48
Victim: Malaki Obcance
Alliance: Chaos Incarnate.
Corp: Chickens with an Attitude
Destroyed: Arbitrator
System: Arzad
Security: 0.2

Involved parties:
Name: Lucius Cain (laid the final blow)
Security: -10.0
Alliance: NONE
Corp: Bad-Mojo
Ship: Hurricane
Weapon: 220mm Vulcan AutoCannon II

Destroyed items:
Small 'Accommodation' Vestment Reconstructer I
N-Type Explosive Hardener I
Medium 'Knave' I Energy Drain
Piranha Light Missile, Qty: 38

2007.05.04 22:49
Victim: Malaki Obcance
Alliance: Chaos Incarnate.
Corp: Chickens with an Attitude
Destroyed: Capsule
System: Arzad
Security: 0.2

Involved parties:
Name: Lucius Cain (laid the final blow)
Security: -10.0
Alliance: NONE
Corp: Bad-Mojo
Ship: Hurricane
Weapon: 220mm Vulcan AutoCannon II

Amazingly, a hurricane managed to lock and pop the pod as well!!!

Hoo Yaah.

Time to get another ship and continue the yaaring.