31 Oct 2007

Logged in, killed a raven, then logged out.

Logged in, killed a raven, then logged out. More or less. I logged in to change a skill when Viper Sam told me a raven was chasing his hurricane and that combat was imminent. Okay, I said and docked up and changed into a 'cane just as Viper told me that he was now being engaged by the Raven at the gate. He initiated hostile action against Viper Sam, so no sentry fire for my piratical brother.

My battlecruiser screamed into the fight landing about 12km from the gate and about 4km from the mighty Raven-class battleship. I hesitated for a split second before I fired on the ship: I would be drawing automated sentry gun fire as the raven, while fighting against Viper was NOT firing on me. Therefore, under the CONCORD engagement rules, I would be flagged as the aggressor and deal with appropriately.

0.5 seconds later, I opened up fire and drew the fury of the sentry guns. My drones screamed out of the bay and I engaged the raven.

Viper Sam had EMP rounds that blasted off the shields off the Raven while my HAIL-class shells tore into the thin armour with gusto. It melted off the armour in a very satisfying fashion. A thing of beauty.

I was tanking the sentry gun fire but with my drones out, the automated guns switched between them as well as me so it reduced the DPS. God bless the drones! The raven exploded the pilot warped away, dejected.

Here's the killmail.

2007.10.30 23:10

Victim: Frisbie
Alliance: NONE
Corp: Outlaw-Star
Destroyed: Raven
System: Gusandall
Security: 0.4

Involved parties:
Name: flashfresh (laid the final blow)
Security: -10.0
Alliance: NONE
Corp: Independent Pilots
Ship: Hurricane
Weapon: Sabretooth Light Missile

Name: Viper Sam
Security: -9.8
Alliance: NONE
Corp: Sissy Boys
Ship: Hurricane
Weapon: Hurricane

Destroyed items:
Invulnerability Field I, Qty: 1
Ballistic Deflection Field I, Qty: 1
Heat Dissipation Field I, Qty: 1
Siege Missile Launcher II, Qty: 2
Inferno Rage Torpedo, Qty: 344 (Cargo)
Inferno Rage Torpedo, Qty: 23
Medium Tapered Capacitor Infusion I, Qty: 1
Type-D Power Core Modification: Diagnostic System, Qty: 1
'Anointed' I EM Ward Reinforcement, Qty: 1
Cap Booster 800, Qty: 12 (Cargo)
Ballistic Control System I, Qty: 3