20 Feb 2008

Ambushing that Drake and why one must always check wrecks of nub ships....

Lootz

I was in Ingunn popping haulers with Jubes and Grunanca, the number having dropped down from the 100 odd pilots to a more manageable 20.

http://www.black-flag.org/kills/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=1518

Like I posted before, Ohnoes. We should have checked the lootz!!!

bah.

Mission Ambush

Later on in the day, I was taken out of my day dreaming by a squark on my MSN.

"Flash? You online?" Said a contact I occasionally used. I knew him to be a decent scan prober and he would not be calling me unless he had something juicy.
"Yo V. How's things?" I muttered, my mouth full of noodles. Sweeping my desk clear of detritus, I concentrated on the console.
"I have a hurricane and drake on a mission here. I see you're in the next system and wondered if you wanted to pop them?"
"Yes indeed. You scanned them out?"
"Not yet. I can do it - just need to know you can ambush them. Anyone else around?" I glanced over at the various communication channels I had open, some flashing away demanding my attention.
"Hmmm, Kane I think and that's it at the moment. You know him?"
"By reputation only. OK, ready to drop a probe. Let me gang you and Kane okay?"
"Roger that." I then raced over to my hurricane, undocking it and positioning myself at the gate to the system. Kane was also ready but in another system. Pirates can move fast when there's a kill available.
"Okay, dropping a probe. " I waited anxiously and chatted to Kane, my excitement building. "I have a hit. Moving in." That was quick, I thought; my friend has certainly improved his probing skills.

"Right - the drake is primary and I am above him cloaked. The hurricane is moving off - it's about 20km away. Warp to me now." I reloaded to EMP shells as I activated the gate and warped to our contact point. Kane arrived first and I arrived a few seconds later. The drake was 3km away from me, the enemy hurricane was 31km close to a cluster of rats. Kane's and my tackling rigs snapped on.
"Drake pointed." Said Kane.
"Drake pointed and webbed." I replied and we hurled EMP shells at the drake. Most mission drakes have huge shield systems and resistances tweaked according to the enemy pirates they would be fighting against. The wrecks appeared to be Minmater republic fleet.

So the ships were:

Pirates

Hurricane (Kane)
Hurricane (Flash)


Mission Runners

Drake
Hurricane

Quite evenly matched though we did get the jump on them. Our 425mm auto cannons proved devastating at close range and the drake shuddered and it's shield systems flared out. His gang mate in the hurricane did not race to his rescue - rather, he took our appearance as the cue for him to warp out. Some gang mate, leaving his drake piloting friend to face our combined firepower.

We dispatched the drake with ease but missed the pod. We would have ransome him too but oh well.

2008.02.19 20:33

Victim: Anhid Olow
Alliance: Evolution Alliance
Corp: SpinTronic Group
Destroyed: Drake
System: Sotrenzur
Security: 0.3
Damage Taken: 74936

Involved parties:

Name: Mjolnir Torpedo / Minmatar Republic
Damage Done: 54933

Name: Kane Rizzel (laid the final blow)
Security: -10.0
Alliance: Derek Knows Us
Corp: NovaKane Incorporated
Ship: Hurricane
Weapon: Hobgoblin II
Damage Done: 14455

Name: flashfresh
Security: -10.0
Alliance: None
Corp: BLACK-FLAG
Ship: Hurricane
Weapon: Hurricane
Damage Done: 5548


Destroyed items:

Advanced 'Limos' Heavy Missile Bay I
Advanced 'Limos' Heavy Missile Bay I
Advanced 'Limos' Heavy Missile Bay I
Scourge Heavy Missile, Qty: 86
Small Tractor Beam I
Y-S8 Hydrocarbon I Afterburners
Shield Power Relay II
Havoc Heavy Missile, Qty: 3 (Cargo)
Republic Fleet Private Insignia V (Cargo)
Scourge Heavy Missile, Qty: 791 (Cargo)

Dropped items:

Advanced 'Limos' Heavy Missile Bay I
Advanced 'Limos' Heavy Missile Bay I
Advanced 'Limos' Heavy Missile Bay I
Advanced 'Limos' Heavy Missile Bay I
Scourge Heavy Missile, Qty: 63
Non-Inertial Ballistic Screen Augmentation I
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Photon Scattering Field II
Invulnerability Field II
Ballistic Control System II
Shield Flux Coil II
Shield Power Relay II
Widowmaker Heavy Missile, Qty: 1986 (Cargo)
Devastator Cruise Missile, Qty: 100 (Cargo)

Nice T2 goodies and the loot from the mission wrecks were great too. Love piracy. Yarr.


Something to amuse you all.

Before the relationship between Black Flag and M34N and her friends turned sour, we had many a joint operations and here is one that I missed but expertly retold by Tenchuu Khan...

http://www.tenchuu.com/index.php?view=article&catid=38%3Adaily&id=56%3Aeve01&option=com_content&Itemid=60

Enjoy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder how long that drake would have lasted without the 40k dmg Mjolnir Torpedo hitting him :)

Nice catch indeed =)

Kane Rizzel said...

Mission Drakes can tank rats easily.
If I remember right, by the time my lock resolved he might have been at 90% shields.

Mission ships die very quickly to PvP setups, even more so if they are on there own or there friends bug out.

Thanks for the invite flash, always good to kill things with you