12 Jan 2010

EVE Blog Banter 14: What now for Flash?

Welcome to the fourteenth installment of the EVE Blog Banter, the monthly EVE Online blogging extravaganza created by CrazyKinux. The EVE Blog Banter involves an enthusiastic group of gaming bloggers, a common topic within the realm of EVE Online, and a week to post articles pertaining to the said topic. The resulting articles can either be short or quite extensive, either funny or dead serious, but are always a great fun to read! Any questions about the EVE Blog Banter should be directed to crazykinux@gmail.com. Check out other EVE Blog Banter articles at the bottom of this post!

The first banter of 2010 comes to us from the EVE Blog Father, CrazyKinux himself, who asks the following: As we begin another year in New Eden, ask yourselves "What Now?" What will I attempt next? What haven't I done so far in EVE? Was it out fear, funds, or knowledge? Have I always wanted to start my own corporation, but have never dared doing so? Is there a fledging mercenary waiting to come out of its shell? Or maybe an Industrialist? What steps and objectives will I set myself to accomplish in order to reach my ultimate goal for this year? EVE is what you make of it. So, what is it going to be for you?

New Eden is my alter-ego's life; so there isn't an end game for me. However, I do have goals for 2010 and Eve is what I make it.

My goal this year is to lead The Bastards to greater success and notoriety for 2010. I have my eye on successfully signing up The Bastards for the Alliance Tournament, I still remember our first go two years ago. Last year, we were on the back-up list and with two hours to go, we were asked to step in! Of course, by this time - most of the active pilots had stepped down and we had to turn down the offer. Much to our collective chagrin.

So Alliance Tournament participant as a short immediate term.

On a more personal level, I hope to get into a panther class ship: a black ops minmater battle ship. I have the skill sets but can't yet afford the ship. I love the idea of sneaky covert-ops as it fits into the way The Bastards like to fly and yes, I am going to check up on some null-sec alliance space and see what we can do. The lack of funds and appropriate skill sets had held me back in 2009 but I intend to get this one checked off my list. Not going to bother with capital class ships at the moment, as I don't see them having any utility apart from specific, once in a blue moon occasion. However, in terms of goals, these are still very doable.

So in addition to the above, I am going to fly my rifter more regularly and attempt to get at 75 kills in the rifter in 2010 and ransom as much as I can, once again, in the rifter. Flying t1 hulls, properly fitted, is a joy - screaming through a belt and a target looming.

I also have desire to complete a collection of short stories that I have been working on since, well a long time. What has stopped me from completing the deed? Too much time to tweak and edit! Need to stop this and get it down into a final form.

So there you have it, I have done a lot in EVE and still, each day brings something new and fresh. I love it.


List of Participants:
  1. CrazyKinux's Musing - A beginning is a very delicate time...
  2. The Wandering Druid of Tranquility - Words, words, words…
  3. My God It's Full of Stars - What Now?
  4. The Elitist - Plans for 112yc
  5. Into the unknown with gun and camera - Show me the money
  6. Ecliptic Rift - Enabling the future
  7. Inanity and Doom - New Year's Resolutions, New Eden Style
  8. Break Vol - Blog Banter #14
  9. Guns Ablaze - What Now?
  10. Adventures in Mission Running - The Way Forward
  11. Diary of a Pod Pilot - Things I want to do
  12. Inner Sanctum of the Ninveah - The Year That Will Be
  13. Roc's Ramblings - WordPress ate my blog
  14. Vive Virtual - Frontier Living
  15. A Mule in EVE - Next on the chopping block
  16. Prano's Journey - I Peer Into My Crystal Pod...
  17. Life in Low Sec - Expanding the Franchise
  18. The Light of Stars - Testing the claims of CCP
  19. A Memoir From Space - A New Direction
  20. The Chronofile - Blog Banter 2010
  21. FlashFresh - What now for Flash?
  22. EVE Opportunist - Fyreite in 112
  23. Mike Azariah - Jiorj
  24. Yarrbear Tales - Year in Review
  25. The Independant Analyst - The Year Ahead
  26. The Travels of Black Claw - Where ma I going?
  27. Warp Scrammed - What to do this year
  28. Sered's Lives - Searching for directions in 2010
  29. Finders & Keepers - New Tears, Same Great Taste
  30. The Captain's Log - To Dream of the Future
  31. The Lathspell of Mithrandir - Resolutions
  32. The Midnight Sun - EVE Blog Banter #14
  33. More to come...