6 Feb 2012

Some Italian Vomit, A huge gate camp, and lots of alcohol

Introductions please
The latest drunk roam for me kicked off with some of my fellow fleet mates already well drunk by the time I linked in. Mirtillo was slurring into the communications while Dam1987 was being drunk and Scottish: a fearsome combination. There were some new faces there but within minutes we were all fast (and drunken) friends. Shizraak, one of my old drun roam attendees was absent due to some illness. The best cure is alcohol my dear Shiz!

So we compared notes on what we were drinking and insulted each other as nicely as we could about our choices. I was actually mixing my drinks but had settled on that old stand-by: Disaronno and coca-cola. 

Drink of choice
The Incursion
What happens when an incursion appears, there's alcohol sloshing around and the pirates are bored? Well carnage. As our first outing, we decided that we would rush straight into the Sansha incursion and see just how hard these Sansha chaps were. They were appearing in space like the poverbial bogeyman and sucking up hapless citizens into their ships. That simply wouldn't do!

So we undocked in our ships (I forget which one) and warped to the beacons; so many Sansha about and aggressive too. My ship arrived amidst a see of red - an incursion fleet was in full flow. I ordered targets to be locked and fired and before I even finished, a spikey Sansha battle ship volleyed my craft into pieces. All around me, my drunken fleet mates were sliced to pieces. The alcohol played its part: dulling our senses and responses but still, the power of the incursion fleet was most impressive. After losing one too many ships we thought that we should now go on a roll.

I decided on a bait maller and called it (cunningly) as 'bait'. 

We set destination to be Ardar and left via Arnher.

The Camp

Well, one jump out and there was a camp on the Evati gate in Arnher. It looked like members of Dark-Rising (now out of the Executives alliance) in a fleet of perhaps a dozen battle cruisers and support. Even drunk, I still retained enough wits about me. I ordered the fleet to burn back towards the gate and sure enough, the [-Dark] fleet went red on all of us. However, their alpha damage was quite poor, or did they not concentrate on primary and ended up spreading their damage? Either way, we all managed to get out. Result! One for the drunken bastards!

The vomit then the tackle
At this point, Mirtillo announced that he was going to vomit and off he chundered.



The Second Camp
After our brush with Dark Rising, the fleet wandered up towards the Hagilur pocket - always fun as EVE-Uni has made it one of their low-sec PvP 'summer camps'. We warped around here and there and didn't manage to entice the Unistas so I offered to move around a bit more.

After several attempts at reading the map, I figured out where I needed to go - into Miroitem and straight into another camp. This time is was held by the infamous 'Negative Ten' alliance who promptly destroyed my ship and smart bombed my drunken arse back to Evati. Take a note Dark Rising: that's how to camp a gate.




More Alcohol
With myself being podded, it should have cleared my alcoholic fugue, right? No. I was still drunk when I emerged from the cloning vat. I cannot remember anything else from the roam; apart from applauding someone for throwing up (live) on the vent server and some other madness.  I think I probably insulted everyone I could think of too and no doubt, most of this was recorded onto vent.

Which reminds me, there's a four hour drunken roam recording that TheHermit has stashed somewhere. I shudder to think what is on it...